VHRs in Tourist Core Area

If your property is located in the Tourist Core Area (see outline of Tourist Core Area on map bottom of page Vacation Home Rentals (VHR)), you may obtain or renew a VHR permit from the Police Department (can be dropped off, mailed or emailed).

All VHR permit conditions apply with the exception of the VHR Cap and the VHR Inspection.

  • Exterior Signage
  • Interior Signage
  • Bear Box*
  • Dedicated Parking

Photos of the appropriate signage, bear box and diagram of parking places (19' x 9') are required with the permit application.

*Bear Box may not be required if HOA has a centralized refuse plan.  Check with HOA.

Permits are generally processed within 7-10 days of receipt of complete application form and payment. They will be sent to you or your local agent for placement inside the home.


Tourist Core Application and Renewal Form (PDF)
Credit Card Authorization Form (PDF) (payment may be sent via check as well)
Update Local Contact Form (PDF)