1052 Tata Lane
South Lake Tahoe,
Ph: (530) 542-6023
Fx: (530) 541-7524
Monday - Friday
8:00am - 4:00pm
The City of South Lake Tahoe has created a Housing Issues Hotline to assist residents with landlord-tenant concerns. The Housing Issues Hotline is a phone number you can call and get information, locate resources, request assistance, or potentially file a complaint regarding the condition of your rental unit.
Your Landlord is Required to Provide
- Effective waterproofing and weather protection of roof and outside walls, including unbroken windows.
- Hot and cold running water provided and connected to a sewage disposal system.
- Plumbing and gas facilities in good working order.
- Electrical lighting with wiring, and electrical equipment maintained in good working order.
- Floors, stairways, and railings, maintained in good repair.
- The building and all grounds free of rodents, and other pests.
Substandard Housing Inspection Fee
- Call the Housing Hotline at (530) 542-7417. You can also send an email or complete the Housing Issues Citizens Report and the Tenants Affidavit of Service Form.
- A building inspector will then arrange an inspection visit at your apartment or house.
- The building inspector will identify any building violations and will contact the owner with a written notice to comply.
The substandard housing inspection fee is charged in accordance with the City of South Lake Tahoe Schedule of Fees.
The property owner is responsible to pay the fee, due within 30 days of receipt of the first violation notice.
List of Property Managers and Rental Dwellings