Fields Advisory Committee
The Fields Advisory Committee operates under the South Lake Tahoe Recreation Facilities Joint Powers Authority. The purpose of this Authority is to enhance the recreational facilities in the South Lake Tahoe Area of the County.
The South Lake Tahoe Recreation Facilities Joint Powers Authority consists of:
- City of South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County
- Tahoe Paradise Resort Improvement District
- $134,000 to the Lake Tahoe Unified School District (LTUSD) to rehabilitate the field at Sierra House Elementary School, which was described as “a dangerous, uneven field.”
- $90,000 to LTUSD for varsity softball field No. 2 at South Tahoe High School. The school district had already done substantial work there and these funds were used to complete that work.
- Construction of an added multi-use athletic softball field at the Al Tahoe fields site will be accomplished in 2014, with final improvements to the existing Al Tahoe fields in 2015. Measure R will provide a total of $276,000 for the Al Tahoe site, for the new field, relocation of the T-Ball field, and upgrading to the existing two full sized fields.
- These fields are the most highly used in the community, with over 300,000 children using them annually for softball, baseball and soccer. Because so many families are involved, many volunteers and professionals are also available, as is funding from other organizations, to rally on completing these projects.