Vacation Home Rentals (VHRs) are enforced by both the CSO Department along with the Police Department. Every complaint that is submitted receives a response from either the CSO or the PD.
Complaints and responses will be posted on this webpage and updated regularly.
1) To see all complaints, CSO or PD response, follow the link below:
CLICK HERE FOR LIST OF VHR/PD RESPONSES TO COMPLAINTS at VHR
Last updated 11/21/2017
2) Open the link and click on the address to see the report card for that item.
To make a complaint or report a disturbance, please contact 530 542-6100 at the time of the disturbance
and an officer will be dispatched in response.
There is new city code pertaining to VHRs!! (voted 11/21/2017, effective 12/20/2017)
$1000 citations SHALL be issued to occupants & owners for any code violations at VHRs.
Responding officers have no discretion and will issue citations without a warning.
The primary violations are:
- Noise – no excessive noise at any time but especially after 10 pm
- Parking - on any surface other than a paved surface on the property or the garage of the VHR’s property.
- Trash – keep the trash in a bear box or indoors
- Maximum Occupancy/vehicles – cannot exceed the posted occupancy or vehicle limitations at ANY TIME. No Parties or even get-togethers
- Hot Tubs – absolutely no hot tub use between 10 pm and 8 am