About Campground by the Lake
Campground by the Lake is located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe at 1150 Rufus Allen Blvd. South Lake Tahoe, Ca. 96150. The campground is conveniently located within walking distance to the shores of Lake Tahoe and one of South Lake Tahoe's most popular parks and beaches ~ Lakeview Commons at El Dorado Beach. Located within the campground are coin-operated heated showers and restroom facilities. Located at each campsite and included in campground fees are BBQs, Fire Rings, and Picnic Tables.
Nearby Attractions & Natural Features
- Campground by the Lake is conveniently located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe. Safeway grocery store is one block east of the campground and directly across the street is a small convenience store, cafes, and sandwich shops.
- The nearby beach, Lakeview Commons at El Dorado Beach, offers a food concession and non-motorized watercraft rentals including stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, and paddleboats. Also located nearby are bike rentals and an extensive network of bike trails to explore.
- The Lake Tahoe Historical Museum located at 3058 Lake Tahoe Blvd. is a great place to stop by and learn more about the history of South Lake Tahoe during your stay. The museum is FREE and within walking distance of the campground.
- The South Lake Tahoe Senior Center located at 3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd. offers bingo weekly and various social events open to the public ~ for a schedule of events call 530-542-6094.
The "Jewel of the Sierra's" - Lake Tahoe is the second largest Alpine Lake in the United States and is located just across Lake Tahoe Blvd from the Campground. To learn more about geography, culture, environment, and wildlife, visit one of our visitor information facilities below:
- Explore Tahoe Visitor Center - 4114 Lake Tahoe Blvd, South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Lake Tahoe Visitors Authority -169 US-50, Stateline, NV
- Taylor Creek Visitor Center - Visitor Center Rd, CA-89 N, South Lake Tahoe, CA