Cannabis Revenue Grant Information
PROCESS & GUIDELINES
To assist the City Council in the evaluation of the community-wide cannabis revenue grant program, the following process and guidelines have been developed to assist the City in an annual review of proposals for funding opportunities to local public agencies and nonprofit organizations with programs or projects designed to mitigate potential impacts of the cannabis industry in South Lake Tahoe and which promote the priorities of the City Strategic Plan.
The City’s Strategic Priorities are Built Environment, Recreation and Equitable Access, Community for All, Economic Development and Continuous Improvement. The Strategic Plan can be found here: /DocumentCenter/View/125/Five-Year-Financial-Plan-Adopted-031511
• Grant amounts will range from $1,000 to $50,000.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
The City grant program will open annually on April 15, and the submittal period will remain open annually until 5pm on May 15.
• Your entity and proposal must be focused on efforts to mitigate potential impacts of the cannabis industry in South Lake Tahoe and promote the priorities of the City Strategic Plan.
• Your entity must be located within the city limits of South Lake Tahoe, CA.
• If you are a past year recipient you must be in compliance with the annual reporting requirement, which includes the submittal of a written report detailing how your previous award was expensed to the City no later than March 31 following a previous year’s grant award.
• Please be sure your application is complete when you send it in.
• Applications will be reviewed by the grant committee, consisting of the Mayor, one City Council Finance Committee member, the City Manager and the City’s Finance Director.
• The grant committee will make recommendations to the City Council no later than June 30 annually for consideration and approval.
• To provide transparency, the City of South Lake Tahoe will post a list on the City’s website showing all grant recipients and the amount received. By signing and submitting a grant program application with the City of South Lake Tahoe, you agree to have your company’s name along with the grant amount listed on the website.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
You will be required to submit the following required documentation along with your signed application form:
1. A current IRS Form W-9 (showing your Taxpayer ID)
2. An IRS letter with proof of tax-exempt status, if applicant is a nonprofit.
3. Screenshot of Secretary of State Business search website showing ACTIVE status (not required for public agencies)
Please submit the application form and the supporting documentation via email to Grantprogram@cityofslt.us
City of South Lake Tahoe (City Hall)
Attn: Grant Program
1901 Lisa Maloff Way, Suite 210
South Lake Tahoe, CA 96150
Or bring to the Finance drop box located at the above address. To be considered for the grant, your materials must be in by 5pm on May 15. Contact the City of South Lake Tahoe at Grantprogram@cityofslt.us with questions.