The Development Services Department is responsible for projects and programs consistent with the policies of the City’s General Plan Housing Element.
Affordable Rental Housing Projects
The development of multi-unit affordable housing projects have been assisted through grant funds which can be used in conjunction with other funding support that is obtained by the developer or partners of the project. Grant funding for these projects ensures that they remain as affordable housing projects and the rents that are charged are regulated according to the conditions imposed by the governmental body or agency issuing the grant. The City has assisted the development of the following housing projects.
- The Aspens at South Lake Tahoe – 47 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income households
- Evergreen Apartments – 26 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income households
- Kelly Ridge - 32 units of affordable senior housing for very low-income persons 62 years and older
- Sierra Garden Apartments – 75 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income persons
- Sky Forest Acres – 18-unit housing project for very low-income persons with disabilities
- Tahoe Pines Apartments - 28 units of family affordable housing for low- and very low-income persons
- Tahoe Senior Plaza – 44 units of senior housing for very low-income persons 62 years and older
- Tahoe Valley Townhomes – 70 units of family housing for low- and very low-income persons
The City of South Lake Tahoe has housing resources to assist you. In these pages you’ll find help for:
Please feel free to contact us for more information.
Click here to view the Public Notice Moratorium Residential Evictions
Click here to view the FAQs COVID-19
Click here to view the Public Notice General Order Prohibition Residential Evictions
Click here to view the Prohibition Against Residential Evictions During a Declared State of Emergency
Click here to view the Letter from John D’Agostini, El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office
California courts emergency rule of evictions: https://wclp.org/summary-california-courts-emergency-rule-on-evictions-and-foreclosures/