- Feature Links
Living in South Lake Tahoe affords residents the opportunity to live, explore and experience on a daily basis what brings a million visitors a years to the Lake Tahoe region. This page will provide residents links to many of the services and agencies we need and use here living in the high sierras, but once in a while, head on over to the Visitor tab and take some time to play like the visitors play to remind yourself just how wonderful it is to live in South Lake Tahoe.
If you have an idea for services that should be listed here, email City staff. For additional information visit City Services and the "I want to," sections of the website. For a complete listing of City staff utilize the Staff Directory.
Stay up with City events and news following the City's calendar of events.
Home and Property
In South Lake Tahoe protecting your home from fire is important to consider, before an emergency happens. Living with Fire will provide homeowners with lots of information about how to protect your home. The site also links to multiple resources on creating defensible space.
Protect your home from bears and wildlife while also protecting their natural habitat by learning more about living amongst animals of the high sierras.
- City Boards and Commissions
- City Code of Ordinances
- City News
- City Permits
- Dog licenses (El Dorado County)
- Graffiti abatement (email city staff)
- Homebuyer programs and affordable housing options
- Phone book Opt-Out Program (sustainable options)
- Report a concern to the City and track the City's responsiveness
- South Lake Tahoe Association of Realtors
- Snow Removal Plan and inquiry form
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency (TRPA) parcel research and permit applications and forms
- Tree Removal TRPA application
- Watch and search City Council meeting videos and agendas
- Vote! Exercise your right to vote
Utilities and Local Agencies
- El Dorado County services for residents
- Exede Satellite Internet
- Hughesnet Satellite Internet
- Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board (water quality programs)
- Liberty Energy (customer service)
- Lukins Water Company
- Live Violence Free (promoting a violence free community)
- South Tahoe Public Utility District
- South Tahoe Refuse company
- Southwest Gas company
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency
Searching for a job in South Lake Tahoe requires putting a list of resources and opportunities together. The list below is meant to get you started, but isn't every place you should look. If you have a job board that should be posted here, send us the link and we'll add it. Keep in mind, many ski resorts hire in the fall so don't wait until the snow flies to look for job opportunities at the resorts.
- Lake Tahoe Unified School District has information about all of the elementary, middle and high schools in the area.
- Lake Tahoe Community College is a wonderful place to pursuing continuing education.
- The University of Reno provides online learning for those who want to finish their four year degree.
Airports (Local and Regional):
- South Lake Tahoe Airport
- Reno-Tahoe International Airport
- Shuttle Transportation to Reno-Tahoe Airport
- Sacramento International Airport
Taxis in South Lake Tahoe include