Liberty Utilities wants to once again remind customers to be prepared for possible extended power outages due to incoming storms this weekend.
As of 10:30 am this morning, only five customers were without power due to the remoteness of their service. Since initial storms hit on January 3rd causing severe damage to the Liberty’s infrastructure, crews worked round-the-clock restoring power to thousands of customers using additional contracted crews and helicopters to reach remote areas.
Liberty Utilities offers the following advice if your power goes out:
- Report outages and monitor outage information by going to our website, www.libertyutilities.com and click on the Emergencies & Outages link at the top. Outages may also be reported to Liberty Utilities at 1-844-245-6868.
- People should stay away or in their car if they encounter a downed power line.
- Do not approach any downed power lines even if you think they are dead; call 911 to report if they pose an immediate danger.
- If someone in your house is on life support, develop a backup plan.
- Review safety rules for portable generators if you own one.
- Learn how to override your electric garage door opener
- Keep refrigerators and freezers closed to reduce food spoilage.
- If unopened and full, food can last for two days.
- Create an emergency kit that includes a blanket, flashlight, batteries and first aid supplies. Store these items in a water-tight container.
Liberty asks that customers go to the website at www.libertyutilities.com to get the latest information available so phone lines can remain available for emergencies only.