The South Lake Tahoe Police Department (SLTPD) was formed in 1967 and will be hosting a celebratory 50th Anniversary event for the community on Saturday, May 20th from 2pm to 6pm at Lakeview Commons. The event will also include the Annual Award ceremony honoring SLTPD employees and community members at 4pm.
Come out and meet SLTPD staff and officers and enjoy fun and games. Booths include;
- SWAT booth – South Lake Tahoe Police Department SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics) division will be hosting a booth with educational information.
- K9 – South Lake Tahoe Police Department K9’s Tara, Ricci and Quatro will be in attendance with their handlers.
- Marine Unit – The police boat will be docked at El Dorado Beach boat ramp and officers will provide demonstrations.
- History – A booth displaying historic photos and information about the South Lake Tahoe Police Department will be on display.
- Dispatch – Dispatchers are the lifeline during times of crisis for both the injured and their friends and family who are present during an emergency situation. Learn about the proper use of 911.
- Technology – Come learn about the new drone operations program that has been fundamental in the safe day-to-day operations for our public safety departments and surrounding agencies.
Enjoy a free live concert featuring Moonshine Crazy which is a modern country band with a rock edge. There will also be a BBQ hosted by the SLTPD and South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue.
A silent auction will be held benefiting Live Violence Free. Community members can bid on items such as a bike donated by South Shore Bikes and much more!