In 2017 the City of South Lake Tahoe created space in the remodel of City Hall to accommodate rotating art display. The Tahoe Arts Alliance has the responsibility of finding artists and art organizations that can provide artwork. Installations rotate on a 4 month basis.
Gallery space consists of several walls in the lobby of City Hall. It is a public space and will be seen by all who come to the airport.
Exhibition guidelines are as follows:
- Installation can accommodate approx. 17 pieces of art. Each piece of art must at least 18 inches on it shortest side.
- Artwork needs to have a wire hanging system. The gallery has a locking hanging system.
- Artwork needs to be framed or have a "gallery wrap".
- Preference is for a "Tahoe theme"
- Preference will be given to collaborative teams, art organizations and artists residing within the City of South Lake Tahoe and the unincorporated south shore area.
- Art may be of any media and there is some availability for 3D art.
- Art may be for sale. The exhibitor will be responsible for all sales transactions.
- Installation will take place Sunday October 22nd, 2017 with an opening reception on October 23rd.
- This installation will be removed on Sunday, February 25th, 2018
- Exhibitor will be responsible for installation and removal of all art, as well as patching nail holes in the wall.
- Each piece will have a tag with: Title, Artist Name, Media, contact information and price (if applicable).
- Exhibitions may not be used for the purposes of advertisement, marketing, political action, or presentation of content not appropriate for a family audience
- The City of South Lake Tahoe will have final say on all art displayed.
- All artists will sign an Artist Release and Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk because there is no security at the airport.