The Tahoe Arts Alliance and City have partnered in showcasing local artists at City Hall. We are searching for the next round of artists now through February 16th. Installations rotate on a quarterly basis and gallery space consists of several walls in the lobby of City Hall. Submit proposal to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exhibition guidelines are as follows:
• Installation can accommodate approx. 17 pieces of art. Each piece of art must at least 18 inches on it shortest side.
• Artwork needs to have a wire hanging system. The gallery has a locking hanging system.
• Artwork needs to be framed or have a "gallery wrap."
• Preference is for a "Tahoe theme."
• Preference will be given to collaborative teams, art organizations and artists residing within the City of South Lake Tahoe and the unincorporated south shore area that can provide enough artwork to fill the space.
• Art may be of any media and there is some availability for 3D art.
• Art may be for sale. The exhibitor will be responsible for all sales transactions.
• Installation will take place Sunday March 4th, 2018 with an opening reception on Monday March 5th.
• Pieces will remain in the City Gallery until June 16th, 2018.
• Exhibitor will be responsible for installation and removal of all art, as well as patching nail holes in the wall.
• Each piece will have a tag with: Title, Artist Name, Media, contact information and price (if applicable).
• Exhibitions may not be used for the purposes of advertisement, marketing, political action, or presentation of content not appropriate for a family audience
• The City of South Lake Tahoe will have final say on all art displayed.
• All artists will sign an Artist Release and Waiver of Liability and Assumption of Risk because there is no security at the airport.