South Lake Tahoe, CA- SnowGlobe Music Festival is coming once again to South Lake Tahoe on Saturday, December 29, 2018 - Monday, December 31, 2018. We’re excited about having the three-day music festival which will be held at the Community Playfields off of Al Tahoe Boulevard. The outdoor event will have live music performances being held each night. City staff is working closely with event organizers to address concerns and make sure this year’s festival is a success.
SnowGlobe Music Festival Event Schedule
The main stage hours are the following:
- Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018- 2pm to 10:00pm
- Sunday, Dec. 30, 2018- 2pm to 10:00pm
- Monday, Dec. 31, 2018- 3pm to 12:45am
Al Tahoe Road Closure
To ensure the safety of community members and festival attendees, Al Tahoe Boulevard will be closed to through traffic one hour before the festival start time and one hour after the festival end time(adjustments will be made based on safety concerns):
- Saturday, Dec. 29, 2018- 12:30pm to 11:00pm
- Sunday, Dec. 30, 2018- 12:30pm to 11:00pm
- Monday, Dec. 31, 2018- 12:30pm to 1:45am
Bijou Community Park Closure
Bijou Community Park will be closed for general public access beginning on Friday, December 28, 2018, through Monday, December 31st. The park will reopen for limited public access to the dog park on January 1, 2018.
A hotline number has been established each year to record community questions and/or concerns - this number is not for event or ticketing information. Community members may leave a message for City staff regarding noise, traffic, parking etc. City staff checks the number each day and relay community concerns to event producers. To leave a message please call (530) 542-6001. Additionally, a web page has been created to provide information on this special event and can be accessed at www.cityofslt.us/snowglobe.
A comprehensive Waste Management plan has been implemented including an increase in the number of trash receptacles inside and around the venue. Recycling containers will be on site as well as refillable water bottles and water refill stations to reduce the amount of plastic bottle waste.
- Limitations have been placed on decibel levels.
- Sound monitoring will be ongoing with daily reports available to the public on the City website: www.cityofslt.us/snowglobe.
- New noise control infrastructure will be built into the design for additional buffering. The speakers will be positioned downwards towards the field.
- Sound technicians will be on site to assist with sound mitigation construction and to make adjustments throughout the event as needed based on community feedback.
Festival parking will be available at South Tahoe Middle School parking lot and shuttle drop off and pick up will be the intersection of Al Tahoe and Johnson Blvd.
In order to insulate residents from "overflow parking" created during this event, certain adjacent areas will be designated as "permit only parking areas" during the event. Each residence in the areas listed below will be provided two (2) Temporary Parking Permits to be used for vehicles parked on the street. Vehicles parked on private property will not require a permit. Additional permits may be obtained from the Police Department. Vehicles parked on streets located in the above-designated areas not displaying an authorized Temporary Parking Permit will be cited and or towed.
Areas included in this temporary permit parking only program are:
- Pioneer Village
- Marlette Circle and those streets enclosed by Marlette Circle; Mt Rose Rd., Monument Dr. & Jobs Peak Rd.
Thank you for your continued patience and support of the SnowGlobe Music Festival. Please use the hotline number to record your information and/or concerns of the festival at (530) 542-6001.