The City of South Lake Tahoe is happy to announce receipt of a $8,439.67 rebate from Liberty Energy for all of the energy efficient lighting renovations throughout city offices. Change your light, change your life! By installing energy efficient bulbs in your home today you too can see significant energy savings!
Ways for you to save on your home energy bills:
• Use compact fluorescent bulbs instead of incandescent ones. This will typically save $1 per bulb changed out for bulbs running 4-6 hours per day.
• Caulk windows and caulk and weather-strip doors.
• Install a hot water heater blanket.
• Install hot water pipe insulation.
• Install electrical outlet and switch plate insulation.
• Clean furnace system and check ducts for leaks.
• Plant trees and shrubs on the south and west side of your residence.
• Fix leaky faucets and install low-flow showerheads.
• Use room fans to keep the air moving and reduce the feeling of heat in your home.
• Replace furnace and air conditioner filters monthly.
• Replace normal thermostats with programmable thermostats.