South Lake Tahoe, CA- The California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant will open on December 30th. A total of $475 million will be available in two rounds. Round one will distribute $237 million and the application process will close on January 8 at 11:59 pm. Round two dates will be determined after round one closes.
The Sierra Business Council’s Small Business Development Center is working to provide information and technical assistance to applicants. Upcoming SBDC webinars will provide updates to the program, including eligibility requirements, the application process, required documents, and who to contact for assistance will be conducted. Registration information for these webinars is available at https://asksbdc.com/.
- Grant amounts range from $5,000 to $25,000 based on annual revenue.
- Minimum annual revenue $1,000
- Maximum revenue $2.5 million
- Eligible entities include small businesses and nonprofits (501c3 and c6) with yearly gross revenue of $2.5 million or less
- Must have been in operation since at least June 1, 2019
- Businesses must be currently operating or have a plan to reopen in the State of California
- Must have a physical location in the State of CA.
- Businesses must have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Businesses must be able to provide their most recent tax return (2018 or 2019), evidence of business formation/organization such as articles of incorporation, fictitious business name registration or business license.
- Applicants with multiple businesses are only eligible for one grant.
- Awards are NOT first come first serve
Awards will be selected based on a weighted lottery with priority given to the most impacted communities, industry sectors, and disadvantaged businesses.