The Orange Tier, also known as the Moderate Tier, would increase capacity for many types of businesses and activities in El Dorado County which includes restaurants, movie theaters, and fitness centers. Governor Newsom also announced in a press conference held earlier today that he plans to eliminate the color-coded tier system and fully reopen the state's economy by June 15th if the current health trends continue. In order for this to happen, two criteria must be met which include having enough vaccine supply for Californians age 16 and older, and hospitalization rates must remain low and stable.
What does moving to the Orange Tier mean for businesses?
- Bars (where no meals provided)-Open outdoors ONLY.
- Family Entertainment Centers-Open indoors at 25% capacity
- Fitness Centers-Open indoors at 25% of capacity
- Places of Worship-Open indoors at 50% capacity
- Wineries-Open indoors at 25% capacity
- Restaurants-Open indoors at 50% capacity
- Movie Theaters-Open at 50% capacity
For a more extensive list of businesses and guidelines to reopen go to Blueprint for a Safer Economy.