You’re invited to a Neighborhood Meeting! The City will be hosting a meeting for area #1 which includes Barton, Winnemucca, Bonanza and "Y" neighbors on Wednesday, September 5th at 6pm at the Airport in the City Council Chambers located at 1901 Airport Rd.
Neighborhood “Captains” Needed!
These meetings are informal and we are looking for volunteer "captains" to be the main point of contact for their neighborhood area. A neighborhood "captain" would act as the liaison for their immediate neighbors. Some examples of tasks that the neighborhood captain would perform include:
• Gather information for the neighborhood directory, current names, addresses, phone numbers, of those neighbors who want to be involved (this is voluntary).
• Make sure all neighbors receive the neighborhood newsletter or other informational flyers.
• Send any information you would like posted on your neighborhoods website page to your city contact for posting.
• Assist neighbors in identifying goals and activities within your neighborhood.
• Be the main contact person for you neighborhood group.
• Gather any concerns of potential code enforcement issues (on behalf of your neighbors), such as nuisances, garbage, etc. and inform the code enforcement department.