The City of South Lake Tahoe’s Building Official, Dave Walker, City of Patterson’s Chief Building Official, Jim Swanson and local architect Brian Shinault will be hosting a presentation about the new ADA laws and how it applies to businesses.
All three presenters are Certified Access Specialists by the Division of the State Architect (DSA) board and this will be extremely informative to local business owners.
Join us on July 11th at 7:30 p.m. in the City Council Chambers located at 1901 Airport Road, South Lake Tahoe.
The presentation will include:
• SB1186 is new legislation that changes procedure in access litigation suits. Can someone still give me a demand letter asking for money for ADA issues?
• California is adopting new codes, January 1, 2014 that affect ADA requirements. Do I follow Federal laws or CA laws?
• Pool lifts; when are they required. I heard I do not have to install a lift.
• Clarification on “Unreasonable Hardship” I say to install ADA requirements is a hardship but who has the final say?
• Explain “Safe Harbor” “I followed the rules back in 2001 so I am ok, right?”
For more information, please contact the City of South Lake Tahoe Building Department at (530) 542-6010.