The City of South Lake Tahoe and Caltrans are working together to provide the community and our visitors with the most up-to-date roadway construction updates. Stay up to date with all of the roadway construction updates by signing up to receive newsflashes to your e-mail or mobile phone device or visit the City’s homepage.
U.S. Highway 50
• Where: From the South Lake Tahoe Airport to the “Y” Junction of 50/89
• When: May 5 – Oct. 15; project is expected to be completed this season
• Estimated Total Project Cost: $12.1 million
• Anticipated Lane Closures: Off-peak season: from 7 p.m. to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday; Peak season: from 7 p.m. to 9 a.m. Monday through Friday. Up to 20-minute delays.
• Where: From Johnson Pass Road through Meyers to Incline Road
• When: May 1 – Oct. 15, project is expected to be completed this season
• Estimated Total Project Cost: $15.3 million
• Anticipated Lane Closures: Weekday daytime closures, 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Thursday, off the road by noon Friday. Daytime closures are scheduled throughout the project unless traffic impacts necessitate switching to night work.