With the new building season coming up there are things every contractor, designer and homeowner should know before they start any new project.
• Radon requirements will be mandatory.
• Sprinklers for additions could be required.
• Take into account in updating all plumbing fixtures when you improve anything in your house.
• Smoke detectors older than 10 years will need to be replaced whenever you pull a permit.
• Recycling documentation for all construction waste is required on all projects.
These are some of the changes that are taking place that every builder and home improvement person should know.
The details of all procedure and code updates will be discussed by Dave Walker, City of South Lake Tahoe’s Building Official, on Wednesday, March 11th from 5:00pm-7:00pm in the City Council Chambers located at 1901 Airport Rd.