The U.S. Forest Service may continue prescribed fire operations next week, beginning Monday, April 13, 2015, weather permitting. Operations may take place at Ski Run Boulevard near Heavenly. Operations may last through the next several weeks as conditions allow.
Each operation follows a prescribed fire burn plan, which considers temperature, humidity, wind, moisture of the vegetation, and conditions for the dispersal of smoke. This information is used to decide when and where to burn. The Tahoe Fire and Fuels Team (TFFT) gives as much advance notice as possible before burning, but some operations may be conducted on short notice.
• Project Name: Heavenly ULM
• Agency Contact: U.S. Forest Service, John Washington (530) 543-2652
• Legal Location: T12/13N, R18E, Sec 1, 34
• Descriptive Location: Ski Run Blvd., South Lake Tahoe, CA
• Type of burn: Hand Piles
• Total Acreage: 70.25
• Planned Ignition: 04/13/15
• Duration of Ignition and Smoke Production: 10 days of burn down time
• Estimated Direction of Smoke Travel: North/Northeast
• Communities or Smoke Sensitive Areas: Smoke may be visible from Stateline, South Lake Tahoe and surrounding communities.