The South Lake Tahoe Police Department would like to offer a few tips on how to keep your family safe this Halloween;
1) Talk to your children about NOT going ANYWHERE with strangers.
2) Set a time for your children to be home.
3) Check the area prior to trick-or-treating for registered sex offenders.
4) A parent or responsible adult should walk with a child.
5) Check all candy before your child eats any candy.
6) Look both ways before crossing the street and only cross at corners or crosswalks.
7) Wear light producing or reflective devices such as flashlights, glow sticks, or reflective tape to be more visible in the dark.
8) Let your children know not to cut through yards/fields.
9) Stay in a group.
10) Drivers drive below the posted speed limit in residential areas during trick-or-treating hours.
Suggested Halloween Trick-or-Treating Location:
Lake Tahoe Community College, One College Drive
KRLT’s 13th Annual Treat Street
Trick or Treat in a safe, fun environment at the 13th annual Treat Street on Saturday, October 31 at the Lake Tahoe Community College from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Local businesses and non-profits will be there to hand out candy to children in a safe, controlled environment.